(Jesus speaking) “For if you embrace the truth, it will release true freedom into your lives.” (John 8:32)
Some truths are unpalatable ...
- I'm upset with who I am, so I eat too much – I hate myself for doing it, but I just can’t seem to stop.
- I'm fed up with my lot, so I drink too much – I hate myself for doing it, but I just can’t seem to stop.
- I get jealous, I get angry, etc., etc.,
All this comes from envy...
- Why can’t ‘I’ have a partner for life like they have?
- Why can't I have a good job like they have?
- Why can’t ‘I’ have the money that they have …?
- Why can't 'I' have ........?
Jesus goes on to tell us, “When you sin you are not free. You’ve become a slave in bondage to your sin. And slaves have no permanent standing in a family, like a son does, for a son is a part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free from sin, then become a true son and be unquestionably free!” (John 8:36)
Child of the Living GOD, please don't overcomplicate things when it really is so simple. If you’re struggling with anything in your life right now, then first embrace the truth about yourself and then go talk to Him about it.
He LOVES you... He died to get you this far, and He WILL set you free!
URGENT PRAYER REQUESTS
NB - New and urgent prayer requests and updates are coming in thick and fast and getting too long to just be tagged onto the daily encouragement. As such, I've created a separate page for you to view on the below link, which will be updated constantly ...
The Lord Bless you for caring